With another Sunday, here’s the 85th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Everything you have been told about stopping climate change is wrong. A Twitter thread by Xavier Helgesen. Check it out here.
- Inside Kunal Shah’s unique angel investing frenzy. Read more here.
- Netflix to Change How It Measures a Title’s Viewers Post-‘Squid Game’. Read about it here.
- Everyone You Need To Remember Before Seeing ‘No Time to Die‘. Check it out here.
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world’s biggest cricket league – here’s why.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- On the Vergecast, Dieter Bohn sits down with Google CEO Sundar Pichai and SVP of Devices and Services at Google Rick Osterloh to discuss the launch of the Pixel 6 — including its tensor processing chip, the Android ecosystem, and what makes this Pixel launch different from the rest. Listen to it here.
- On Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman, Indra Nooyi, former CEO of PepsiCo, on how to unlock your team’s creative potential. Check it out here.
- On Gita for the Young and Restless, find out how to ensure you never lack real motivation. Listen here.
- Podcast Recommendation of the Week – Only Murders in the Building Podcast (Sneak behind-the-scenes of Only Murders in the Building as Elizabeth Keener and Kevin Lawn talk to the cast and crew and scramble to get clues on the murder within the show – listen alongside every episode of the show if you’re watching it). Check it out here.
- On F1 Beyond the Grid, Daniel Ricciardo relives the ‘relief and happiness’ brought by his Monza victory and explains why it meant so much to him and his McLaren teammates, how his mindset has shifted and so much more. Listen to it here.
What To Watch:
- On ‘My First Million’, Andrew Wilkinson, Co-Founder of Tiny, joins Sam Parr and Shaan Puri to talk about how he found joy through a four-week dopamine fast, why it can be better to make safer “cruise ship investments” rather than startup investments, how Andrew’s last appearance led him to start a D2C maternal healthy company, and much more. Watch it here or listen to the episode on Spotify here.
- A look behind the scenes and hear from the cast and crew of NO TIME TO DIE. Check it out here.
- Nico Rosberg chats with Jenson Button about interesting insights and behind the scenes from the F1 paddock, difficult challenges and how to deal with the high pressure in F1, and more. Watch here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – Only Murders in the Building (Three strangers share an obsession with true crime and suddenly find themselves wrapped up in one. When a grisly death occurs inside their exclusive Upper West Side apartment building, the trio suspects murder and employs their precise knowledge of true crime to investigate the truth.) Now streaming on Hotstar here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – No Time to Die (James Bond has left active service. His peace is short-lived when Felix Leiter, an old friend from the CIA, turns up asking for help, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.) Now running in theatres.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.