With another Sunday, here’s the 52nd edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- The explosive (and inclusive) potential of NFTs in the creative world. Read more here.
- An opinion piece on NFTs and a Thousand True Fans. Check it out here.
- Amygdala Hijack: When Emotion Takes Over. Read about it here.
- Why you may feel guilty resting, even during a pandemic? Read here.
- 4 tips for talking to people you disagree with. Read more here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Mike “Beeple” Winkelmann speaks on the rise of crypto art, the world of NFTs, his artwork selling for $3.5M, and what the future of the space holds, on the School of Motion podcast. Listen here.
- Co-Founder of Coinbase Fred Ehrsam joins Creator Economics to discuss the future of Cryptocurrency, NFTs, and what the future for these technologies look like. Listen to it here.
- Gary Vaynerchuk deep-dives into the NFT space, discussing everything from crypto punks, wrapped tokens, NBA Top Shot, and much more. Check it out here.
- On The Tim Ferriss Show, Katie Haun speaks on Dark Web, Gangs, Investigating Bitcoin, and The New Magic of “Nifties” (NFTs). Listen here.
- Gary Oldman on the personal things that have shaped his professional journey (from alcoholism to single fatherhood) and the challenges and rewards of playing people who actually lived, from Sid Vicious to Herman J. Mankiewicz, on the Awards Chatter podcast. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- On Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu, Dr. Alan Goldhamer, founder of TrueNorth Health Center, explores the incredible healing benefits of fasting and how your diet is playing a pivotal role in determining your health. They discuss the problems with modern medicine, the key benefits to fasting, how to do a water-only fast, the key changes fasting can make to your health, what organic foods you should be eating, what fruits are safe to eat, how salt can negatively impact your health, meat-based vs vegan diets, how oils affect your health, and much more. Watch it here.
- Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, the founders of Tesla, talk about the idea for Tesla Motors, the battery, Elon Musk, and building its first car, the all-electric Roadster. Check it out here.
- Ben Affleck, Delroy Lindo, Gary Oldman, John David Washington, Sacha Baron Cohen, and Steven Yeun join Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter for the Actors Roundtable. Watch it here.
- Series Recommendation of the Week – WandaVision (Living idealized suburban lives, super-powered beings Wanda and Vision begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.) Now streaming on Hotstar here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Nomadland (A woman in her sixties who, after losing everything in the Great Recession, embarks on a journey through the American West, living as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad.)
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.
I write a newsletter called ‘The Weekly Zazz‘ for my subscribers, where you can receive the above content and much more on your mail, with an intent of combining thought, emotion and information on mindset, marketing, pop culture and more. If you wish to subscribe, check out https://rth24.substack.com