With another Sunday, here’s the 61th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell (Find out why one of history’s most legendary empires finally came crashing down) Check it out here.
- What’s the difference between DApp, iDApp and DAO? And why they are the future of blockchain? Read more here.
- The Main Reason for Your Pandemic Boredom. Read here.
- Transforming Tata (India’s largest conglomerate needs to reimagine itself). Check it out here.
- There are 5 eras in the universe’s lifecycle. Right now, we’re in the second era. Read more here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Mark Manson on why you should look for sh@t sandwiches, how people can give a f*ck about only two to four things, how actions create passion, not vice versa and more, on Guy Kawasaki’s Remarkable People podcast. Listen here.
- In this episode of WorkLife with Adam Grant, author and activist Glennon Doyle sits down with Adam to discuss letting go of past identities — and rethinking the idea of identity as a whole. Listen more here.
- On ‘What I’ve Learned, with Arianna Huffington’, Tim Ferriss speaks about gratitude, sleep, meditation and self-care, and giving up control. Check it out here.
- On The Information’s 411 podcast, Alex Heath and Mathew Olson interview Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg about the promise of augmented and virtual reality. They discuss why he’s investing so much time and money on the technology, how it could forever change entertainment and the workplace and what technical hurdles still need to be overcome for the technology to reach its potential. Listen here.
- Kevin Rose sits down with Gary Vaynerchuck to discuss his new NFT project, VeeFriends, on the Modern Finance podcast. Check it out here.
What To Watch:
- In this episode of The School of Greatness, Lewis Howes and Tony Robbins discuss three habits Tony wishes he knew in his twenties and thirties, why loving yourself is not the secret to success, the key to “stacking the positives” in your life, why you’re raising your kids to be more insecure and unsafe and how you can change it, why millennials could be the best generation if they play their cards right, and so much more. Watch here.
- Balaji Srinivasan on how to fix the media, cloud communities and crypto, on the My First Million Podcast with Shaan Puri & Sam Parr. Check it out here.
- Short Film Recommendation of the Week – The Letter Room (An empathetic corrections officer gets transferred to the prison’s letter room, where he finds escape in the deeply personal letters written to an inmate on death row.)
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Maharshi (A rich businessman returns to India to mend ways with his ex-classmate. However, when he learns about his friend’s plight, he tries to help him and becomes a saviour for the villagers in the process.) Now streaming on Amazon Prime here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.
I write a newsletter called ‘The Weekly Zazz‘ for my subscribers, where you can receive the above content and much more on your mail, with an intent of combining thought, emotion and information on mindset, marketing, pop culture and more. If you wish to subscribe, check out https://rth24.substack.com