With another Sunday, here’s the 96th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Bill Gates has ‘never been a big New Year’s resolution’ person — why that’s smart, according to a clinical psychologist. Read it here.
- Nikhil Taneja writes this eye-opening and relatable thread on ‘performatives pressure’ in the creator economy of our world. Check it out on Instagram here.
- How Crypto Could Be Like the Music Industry? Read here.
- A neuroscientist shares the brain exercise she does for a stronger memory—and the mistake that can ‘harm’ it. Check it out here.
- Andrew Garfield Finally Spills About ‘Spider-Man’ Return and Future — and the ‘Gift’ of ‘Tick, Tick Boom!’. Read more here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- The Verge’s Nilay Patel, Dieter Bohn, and Alex Cranz run through the huge amount of products announced at the Consumer Electronics Show 2022 this week — from QD-OLED TVs, to EVs, to a hair-coloring gadget. Listen to it here.
- On the Mint podcast, Gary Vaynerchuk speaks on the 2022 Web3 trends: Music NFTs, Social Tokens and DAOs. Listen here.
- Dr. Andrew D Huberman breaks down the science of social bonding in family, friendship, and romantic love, on his podcast Huberman Lab. Check it out here.
- On Present Company, Andrew Garfield shares his intense preparation for the role, the urgency that lies at the heart of the story, and the importance of activist artists. He also reflects on the unique pressures faced by young actors today. Listen to it here.
- Director Kenneth Branagh discusses his new film, Belfast, with fellow director Christopher Nolan in a Q&A at the DGA Theater in Los Angeles. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- Is TikTok destroying sports? Watch here.
- Appearing on the Joe Rogan podcast, artist Beeple takes a deep dive into his art, the story behind ‘The Everydays’, and a bunch of random stuff. Watch it here.
- On The Maniesh Paul podcast, Prajakta Koli (aka MostlySane) talks about her journey as a creator, the opportunities in the field, touching upon friendship in this competitive space, and more. Check it out here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – Shark Tank India (Aspiring entrepreneurs from India pitch their business models to a panel of investors and persuade them to invest money in their idea.) Now streaming on SonyLIV here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Pushpa: The Rise (Violence erupts between red sandalwood smugglers and the police charged with bringing down their organisation in the Seshachalam forests of South India.) Now streaming on Amazon Prime here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging, and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.