With another Sunday, here’s the 92nd edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Allyship is Dictionary.com’s word of the year. Read more here.
- How to Say 2021’s Most Mispronounced Words, From Omicron to Ethereum? Check it out here.
- The worst buzzwords of 2021, by AdAge. Read the list here.
- Why Would Anyone Buy Your NFT? Read here.
- How tomatoes conquered Indian cooking? Check it out here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Seth Godin riffs about money, how it is a story we tell ourselves, and the value around it, on his podcast Akimbo. Listen here.
- Simon Sinek talks to Tristan Harris about the power tech companies have amassed, whether they act responsibly or they abuse it, on A Bit of Optimism. Check it out here.
- On MFM, Shaan Puri and Sam Parr break down Mr. Beast’s Squid Games recreation and talk about how he was able to get 100M views in less than four days. They also discuss a number of business ideas including chrome extensions, building QVC for mobile, and more. Listen to it here.
- On F1 Beyond the Grid, ahead of his final race in Formula 1, Kimi Raikkonen joins Tom Clarkson to look back at his 20-year career: the races, the teammates, the bosses, the championship he clinched in 2007, and those he missed out on. Check it out here.
- Bradley Cooper joins the Armchair Expert to discuss their long-standing friendship that started at the beginning of their sobriety, exploring the mysteries of the human experiences through storytelling, and how he almost didn’t get his breakthrough role in The Hangover, and so much more. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- Film Companion rounds up the actors behind the finest Hindi language performances of 2021 – Vicky Kaushal, Taapsee Pannu, Sidharth Malhotra, Sanya Malhotra, Samantha Prabhu, and Adarsh Gourav discussing stardom, social media, scenes that tested their caliber, and what’s in store for them next, and much more. Watch it here.
- The Pepsi Paradox. Everybody loves Pepsi, but everybody buys Coca-Cola. Why? Check it out here.
- Rohit Shetty talks about his journey into Bollywood, his filmography, how he plans his stunts, and much more, on The Bombay Journey. Watch here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – Hawkeye (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop shoot a few arrows and try to avoid becoming the target themselves.) Now streaming on Hotstar here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Love Story (Telugu) (A Christian Zumba instructor falls in love with a starry-eyed upper caste Hindu girl. In their quest for happiness, however, they must first overcome a massive caste divide.) Now streaming on Aha Video here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging, and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.