With another Sunday, here’s the 89th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Deadmau5’s ‘Oberhasli’ is what it looks like when the metaverse comes for music fans. Check it out here.
- Are NFTs Only Art? 7 Use Cases For NFTs. Check it out here.
- Nestlé says the majority of its food portfolio is unhealthy. Read it here.
- The No. 1 habit successful leaders share, according to executive coaches who have worked with Apple and Twitter. Read here.
- How Brentford Used ‘Moneyball’ to Return to the Premier League? Read more here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Brian Armstrong, the founder of Coinbase, talks about his journey as an entrepreneur, how he started the company, and his journey until now, on How I Built This with Guy Raz. Check it out here.
- Eric Schmidt, the former CEO of Google, breaks down his deep insights around artificial intelligence on Rapid Response. Listen to it here.
- From actor to changing agent, Adrian Grenier talks about creating a symbiosis with yourself, on The Rich Roll podcast. Listen here.
- In this conversation on Sway, Kara Swisher talks to Hans Zimmer about his process for composing the score for “Dune,” how composers can adapt to the shifting demands of viewers and a streaming economy — and what he’s working on next. Check it out here.
- In this episode of Naan Curry, Sadaf and Archit discuss with Vikram Doctor, editor at Economic Times, a food historian and podcast host, what inspired him to explore food and food history, the food challenges and issues India faces in modern times, why chefs and public policy wonks should join hands to tackle hunger problems in India, and more. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- Gary Vaynerchuk speaks about the potential of the NFT market specifically and the cryptocurrency industry generally at the Yahoo Finance-Decrypt “Crypto Goes Mainstream” special. Watch it here.
- Colin and Samir talk about the business of being a YouTuber and everything to do with the creator economy, with MKBHD on the Waveform podcast. Check it out here.
- Akarsh Khurana, the director of Rashmi Rocket and Mismatched, talks about how to tell a story before telling it, on MostlySane’s YouTube channel. Watch here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – Dexter: New Blood (Set 10 years after Dexter Morgan went missing in the eye of Hurricane Laura, he is now living under an assumed name in Upstate New York, Iron Lake, far from his original home in Miami.) Now streaming on Voot here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Finch (A robot that lives on a post-apocalyptic earth which was built to protect the life of his dying creator’s beloved dog, it learns about love, friendship, and the meaning of human life.) Now streaming on AppleTV+ here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging, and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.