With another Sunday, here’s the 88th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Web 3.0 can repair the attention-driven digital economy. Read more here.
- 13 principles of Web3 (a Twitter thread by David Phelps). Check it out here.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook is anti-mindless scrolling. Read more about it here.
- Master Indian cooking with the science of tadka. Read here.
- ‘Ted Lasso‘ has a question: What kind of man are you? Check it out here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- In this conversation of Sway, Kara Swisher talks to Jaron Lanier, often called the “godfather of virtual reality,” and his company, VPL Research, developed V.R. goggles and gloves in the 1980s, about Facebook’s pivot to Meta, also discuss why Lanier viewed technologies like automation and V.R. as “a little technological token of that hope of eternal creativity” back in the ’80s. Check it out on Spotify here.
- On My First Million, Sam Parr and Shaan Puri talk about the Metaverse and what everyone is getting wrong about it, the billion-dollar investment group that no one knows about, companies that are able to achieve viral growth without marketing, and much more. Listen to it here.
- Seth Godin riffs about status roles, and how it plays a factor with respect to money and skill, on Akimbo. Listen here.
- Sidharth Malhotra talks to Salil on Stars se Baatein about how he dealt with failure for three years after Student of The Year and Ek Villain, how he was typecast for his looks, and why Shershaah is a special film for him and his family given his Army background. Check it out here.
- Composer Hans Zimmer joins ReelBlend to chat topics from across his career including Dune, The Lion King, Man of Steel, Interstellar, and more. Listen to it here.
What To Watch:
- Gary Vaynerchuk chats with Mark Zuckerberg about the future of the Metaverse and Web3.0, taking a dive into how it will change our lives and Mark gives us his thoughts on when and how this new world will come to fruition. Watch it here.
- On completing 10 years of Rockstar, director-writer Imtiaz Ali, composer A.R. Rahman, lead Ranbir Kapoor, lyricist Irshad Kamil, production designer Sumit Basu, and actor Sanjana Sanghi gathered to reminisce about the making of the film; this conversation is a part of a 90-minute documentary chronicling the journey of ‘Rockstar’ that unpacks never-before-seen and heard pages from the film’s book. Check it out here.
- In this session of FC Front Row, Anupama Chopra does a deep dive into the brand that Ayushmann Khurrana has built and what it means to live with it. He chats with us about his film choices, his latest film Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui, his processes as an actor, and how he kept himself busy in the middle of a pandemic. Watch here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – Tiger King (An exploration of big cat breeding and its bizarre underworld, populated by eccentric characters, namely zoo operator Joseph Maldonado-Passage.) Now streaming on Netflix here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Shershaah (The life of Indian army captain Vikram Batra, awarded with the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest award for valor for his actions during 1999 Kargil War.) Now streaming on Amazon Prime here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging, and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.