With another Sunday, here’s the 81st edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Putting time in perspective, from today to the Big Bang. Definitely check it out here.
- The Perfectionism Trap. Read more here.
- Know what Ayurveda says about (over)exercising. Read it here.
- Invisible labor is real, and it hurts: What you need to know. Check it out here.
- Why a dash of sugar in dals and sabzis goes a long way? Read here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Social Media isn’t the problem, we are… An audio article from Mark Manson. Listen to it here.
- Andrew Huberman joins the Armchair Expert to discuss how testosterone treatment affects the development of the brain and body, what it means to have “roid rage”, the connection between blinking and our concept of time, and much more. Check it out here.
- The iPhone created entirely new industries, wiped out giant competitors, and changed the way all of us live. Here’s how Apple did it, on Land of the Giants podcast. Listen here.
- On Cyrus Says, Jatin Sapru talks about joining ESPN in 2008, becoming a commentator as a fan and not as an ex-cricketer, his early life of shifting from Kashmir to Delhi, how he got into sports journalism, going from news channel to news channel with his CV, and how he became a cricket commentator, and lots more. Check it out here.
- Actor Sayani Gupta on becoming the face of the OTT industry, on Stars se Baatein with Salil. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- With consumers being more health conscious than ever, they’re willing to pay more for what they perceive as better. But, what exactly does “organic” mean and is it worth it? Watch it here.
- In this Bombay Journey, Aparshakti Khurana shares his career paths, some of the moments that he will never forget, and much much more. Check it out here.
- Short Film Recommendation of the Week – Shimmy (Raima (Chahat Tewani), a nervous 11 year old, has a secret that she desperately needs to get off her chest. When her father, Amol (Pratik Gandhi) finally realizes what’s troubling her, they both set out on a mission to save the day) Now streaming on Amazon MiniTV here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – CODA (a 2021 American coming-of-age comedy-drama film that follows a hearing teenage girl who is a child of deaf adults (CODA for short)) Now streaming on Apple TV+ here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.