With another Sunday, here’s the 80th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- How to grow the fuck up : a guide to Humans. Read it here.
- Facebook Knows Instagram Is Toxic for Teen Girls, Company Documents Show. Check it out here.
- A psychotherapist shares 24 conversation starters he uses to ‘build deeper, more interesting relationships’ with anyone. Read here.
- The network effect is anticompetitive. Read more here.
- Shows that heal (literally), a piece by Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Check it out here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Roshan Abbas joins Amit Varma in episode 239 of The Seen and the Unseen to describe his remarkable journey as a creator — and to explain why the best is yet to come. Listen to it here.
- In this conversation on Sway, Kara Swisher and Jeffrey Katzenberg delve into Quibi’s demise, the shifting power dynamics in Hollywood and his pivot to Silicon Valley. Listen here.
- Robin Uthappa opens up about being plagued by suicidal thoughts during the 2009 IPL, how he almost walked away from the game because of his depression and what his comeback journey looked like, on 22 Yarns with Gaurav Kapur. Check it out here.
- In this episode of My First Million, Sam Parr and Shaan Puri talk about what Shaan has learned over the last week by taking a Bill Gates-inspired week off to dive deep into crypto. They also talk about Wilbur Wright, identifying stories from your work experiences, and who they follow in real estate Twitter. Listen here.
- From “3rd Rock From the Sun” to “The Dark Knight Rises” to his own series he created, “Mr. Corman”, Joseph Gordon-Levitt deep dives into his journey on the Happy SAD Confused podcast. Listen to it here.
What To Watch:
- Sadaf and Archit explore the origin, history and cultural references of turmeric, how is the best turmeric produced and what are the best ways to consume it, the science and economics behind turmeric and more, on The Naan Curry podcast. Watch here.
- How to optimize your gut and brain bacteria? Check it out here.
- Salim Merchant breaks down his most iconic songs, how did he come up with the ideas and the process behind them, feat Yashraj Mukhate. Watch it here.
- Documentary Recommendation of the Week – Schumacher (The life and career of seven-time Formula 1 world champion race car driver Michael Schumacher.) Now streaming on Netflix here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – Mumbai Diaries 26/11 (Doctors, nurses, first responders, and other hospital personnel deal with a crisis of immense magnitude in Mumbai.) Now streaming on Amazon Prime here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.