With another Sunday, here’s the 79th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- The exact science of what happens to your brain when you meditate. Read more here.
- A neuroscientist shares the 6 exercises she does every day to build resilience and mental strength. Read here.
- Tackling a loss of trust during the pandemic. Read it here.
- A guide to living off of the grid. Check it out here.
- How the wizards behind Marvel’s What If…? give the hit animated series its prestige look, signature thrills, and “Kirby crackle”. Read here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Seth Godin on how advertising built the world, on his podcast Akimbo. Listen here.
- On Naan Curry with Sadaf and Archit, Ashdin Doctor discusses the mental and physical benefits of intermittent fasting, the origin of breakfasts, how to break your fasts, the rationale behind the existence of religious fasts like Shravan and Ramazan, and more. Check it out here.
- Brie Larson joins the Armchair Expert to discuss being home schooled as a child, how she knows her way around set from being an actor for over 20 years, trying to be people pleasers, learning how to accept success and failures. Listen to it here.
- Sean Penn discusses his new film, his old films, and everything in between– like the world on SmartLess. Listen here.
- Podcast Recommendation of the Week – Southern Slurp, a podcast that features recipes, ingredients, stories, voices, and cultural history giving the audience a transcendent gastronomic experience. Check it out here.
What To Watch:
- In this episode of My First Million, Gary Vaynerchuk joins Sam Parr and Shaan Puri to give a master class on NFTs. Gary shares his predictions on the future of NFTs and how they’ll be (eventually) used by everyone. Watch it here.
- Rohit Sharma discusses his first selection, his upbringing, dealing with pressure and much more, with Dinesh Karthik on Sky Sports. Watch here.
- Actor Gajraj Rao joins Kunal Vijayakar on Khaane Mein Kya Hai discussing their love for biryani and his favourite food items from all over the country, a video to watch when you’re seeking fun and food. Check it out here.
- YouTube Recommendation of the Week – McLaren Unboxed (a behind the scenes look at the team, reliving the highs and lows of every race) Watch it on YouTube here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Thimmarusu (Eight years after a young man is framed for murder, an up-and-coming lawyer re-opens the case, beginning a tricky mission to find the real culprit) Now streaming on Netflix here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.