With another Sunday, here’s the 77th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- ‘I eat almost 3 kilos of fruits; do 60 push-ups in a minute’: Milind Soman on diet, fitness, and more. Read here.
- How Learning Happens? Check it out here.
- A Twitter thread on how to not f*ck up relationships (in business & life), by Shaan Puri. Check out the thread here.
- Buy Now, Pay Later Is an Innovation That’s 200 Years Old. Read more here.
- The Ascent of the Anti-Antihero: How ‘Ted Lasso’ and More Emmy Nominees Embrace Likability and Kindness. Read here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- On The School of Greatness, Lewis and Katy Milkman, who is an award-winning behavioral scientist and Professor at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, discuss the biggest internal barriers holding you back from changing your life, how our sense of identity helps and hurts us, what science says about how to believe in yourself more, why setting big goals is actually hurting your ability to succeed, and more. Listen here.
- How Ben Chestnut built MailChimp, an email subscription service company, on How I Built This with Guy Raz. Listen to it here.
- Andrew Wilson CEO of Electronic Arts on how the company grows a metaverse, on Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman. Check it out here.
- Neuroscientist Sandrine Thuret on how we can grow new brain cells, on Ted Talks Daily podcast. Listen here.
- On Sway, Kara Swisher and Joseph Gordon-Levitt discuss what the trend of tech companies taking over Hollywood means for the entertainment industry and how he thinks about social media. Listen more here.
What To Watch:
- Michael Pollan, the author of “This is your Mind on Plants”, goes into the history of coffee drinking, breaking down its origins, and how humans are addicted to caffeine. Watch it here.
- Gastroenterologists Dr. Fola May and Dr. Austin Chiang debunk 12 myths about indigestion. They explain how spicy food doesn’t cause ulcers, why you don’t need to poop every day, and how long it really takes to pass gum. They also talk about probiotics and why they might not be the cure-all you think it is. Watch more here.
- Rocky and Mayur are back with a Season 5 of Roadtrippin with Rocky and Mayur. Check it out here.
- Show Recommendation of the Week – Nine Perfect Strangers (Based on The New York Times best-selling book by author Liane Moriarty, “Nine Perfect Strangers” takes place at a boutique health-and-wellness resort that promises healing and transformation as nine stressed city dwellers try to get on a path to a better way of living.) Now streaming on Amazon Prime here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – The Green Knight (King Arthur’s headstrong nephew embarks on a daring quest to confront the Green Knight, a mysterious giant who appears at Camelot. Risking his head, he sets off on an epic adventure to prove himself before his family and court.) Check more details here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.