With another Sunday, here’s the 75th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- There is more to generational analysis than the pseudo-science that plagues it. Read here.
- Is anything cool anymore? Read more here.
- How does the world’s fastest man Usain Bolt mentally prepare for a race? Check it out here.
- HBO’s ‘The White Lotus‘ Elevates Tension To An Art Form (Read this only if you’ve watched The White Lotus) Read here.
- When Writers Cave to Social Media Scolds, by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Read it here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- On The Decoder with Nilay Patel, Nilay and Jack Conte, co-founder, and CEO of Patreon, talk about how Patreon’s model as “membership” works, what Patreon’s relationship is to Apple and the app store, and where the overall creator economy is going on the internet. Listen here.
- HubSpot co-founder and CTO Dharmesh Shah shares his thought process behind buying the Hustle, how he thinks about time & money, and how HubSpot came to be, and more on the My First Million podcast. Check it out here.
- On the Fittr podcast, Jitendra Chouksey examines the practice of eating breakfast down the ages. Listen to it here.
- On 22 Yarns with Gaurav Kapur, Dinesh Karthik chat about his foray into commentary, rooming with Shikhar Dhawan in his U-19 days, his trip to Belgrade with Sunil Gavaskar, the captaincy handover at KKR in 2020, his relationship with Shah Rukh Khan, and the Mushtaq Ali wins with Tamil Nadu. Listen here.
- Matt Damon joins the Armchair Expert to talk about his experience writing Good Will Hunting with Ben Affleck, how your subjective experience changes when you become famous, how easy it is to be generous when things are going your way, and more. Check it out here.
What To Watch:
- Effects Different Foods Have on Your Brain. Watch here.
- Fitness experts debunk 17 exercise myths. Watch it here.
- Show Recommendation of the Week – Dave (“Dave” centers on a neurotic man in his late 20s who has convinced himself that he’s destined to be one of the best rappers of all time. Now he must convince his closest friends because, with their help, he actually might convince the world. Simultaneously exasperating and inspiring to his friends, he vows to leave no stone unturned on his quest to become the next superstar.) Now streaming on Hotstar here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Kumbalangi Nights (Saji, Bonny, Bobby and Franky are siblings who mostly do not get along. However, a series of events forces them to keep their animosity aside and support each other.) Now streaming on Amazon Prime here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.