With another Sunday, here’s the 74th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Has the pandemic aggravated cyberchondria? Read here.
- Cracking the science of coconut. Check it out here.
- Scientists spot light behind a black hole for the first time. Read more here.
- If We All Bought Less Stuff, We Could Be Happier and Work Fewer Hours. Read here to know what it means.
- A Harvard-trained sports medicine doctor shares the ‘super easy’ stretch she does every day to relieve lower back pain. Read here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- In this episode of The Varun Duggi Show, CEO & Co-Founder of Under25 Anto Philip talks about what keeps us going as creators and how focusing on content that serves a purpose over just the numbers drives so much more value. Listen here.
- On this episode of The Wire Talks, host Sidharth Bhatia talks to director Hansal Mehta about how the lockdowns have affected the film industry, the closure of cinemas, and the future of films and the way films will be made in the coming months and years. Check it out here.
- Suchita Salwan (Founder and CEO – LBB) on this episode of the Pepper Spotlight podcast talks about how LBB looks at content and the impact it drives as a marketing strategy. Listen to it here.
- On the Happy Sad Confused podcast, James Gunn reflects on the low-point of his career, his resurrection thanks to THE SUICIDE SQUAD, and more. Check it here.
- Kate Winslet joins The Awardist to talk about her hit HBO limited series Mare of Easttown — why audiences connected to much with her grieving mother character, getting the look just right (that’s a wig!), caring for Jean Smart after an on-set injury, SNL’s Murdur Durdur sketch, and much more. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- Sandeep Nailwal, the co-founder of Polygon, talks about the myths and assumptions around how crypto works, the future of cryptocurrency and blockchain, and more, on The Ranveer Show. Watch here.
- On the Naan-Curry Podcast, Sadaf and Archit talk about the global history of chocolate, the economics of growing and consuming chocolate in India, and more. Watch it here.
- Business Insider breaks down how USA Olympians make money, and why the system left many of America’s top athletes broke. Check it out here.
- Show Recommendation of the Week – Marvel Studios Assembled (A behind-the-scenes look at the series and movies of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including “WandaVision,” The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” and “Loki.”) Now streaming on Hotstar here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – The Suicide Squad (The government sends the most dangerous supervillains in the world — Bloodsport, Peacemaker, King Shark, Harley Quinn and others — to the remote, enemy-infused island of Corto Maltese. Armed with high-tech weapons, they trek through the dangerous jungle on a search-and-destroy mission, with only Col. Rick Flag on the ground to make them behave.)
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.