With another Sunday, here’s the 69th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- How The COVID Pandemic Redefined Ambition? Read here.
- The Problem With Nielsen’s Streaming Data. Read more here.
- Head of Instagram says Instagram is no longer a photo sharing app. Read about it here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- President Obama joins the Armchair Expert to discuss growing up in single-mother households, why he transferred to Columbia after two years of college, and how most politicians will do anything to avoid public failure. Listen here.
- On ‘My First Million‘ Podcast, Sam Parr breaks down why most startups take longer than you think to build. Listen more here.
- On Naan Curry with Sadaf and Archit, the hosts take a deep dive with Indian author and mythologist, Devdutt Pattanaik on the significance of food in Indian mythology, the connection between food and goddess, western standardization v Indian diversity, and much more. Check it out here.
- Zack Snyder joins the Straight Up podcast to talk all about the music that made him, from the songs that soundtracked his childhood to topics around being a provocateur, reading reviews, vulnerability and the power of fandoms. Listen to it here.
- On Stupid No Mor by Anshu Mor, Bollywood actor, Gajraj Rao gets candid about the craft of acting, dealing with fame & being true to his roots. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- Food stylist Susan Spungen reviews iconic food scenes from films like ‘Matilda,’ ‘The Princess Diaries,’ ‘Inglourious Basterds,’ ‘Julie & Julia,’ and more. Susan explains all the things we never think about when watching food scenes in movies, like how the food stays fresh between takes and how often the actors have to actually eat the food. Watch here.
- Post Mortem of Sherni with Vidya Balan x Sneha Menon Desai on Film Companion. Watch it here.
- Series Recommendation of the Week – Mare of Easttown (Mare Sheehan, an office police investigator in a small Pennsylvania town, investigates a brutal murder as she tries to keep her life from falling apart.) Now streaming on Hotstar here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – CinemaBandi (A struggling rickshaw driver’s life takes a rollicking turn when he comes upon an expensive camera and decides to make a film with his fellow villagers.) Now streaming on Netflix here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.