With another Sunday, here’s the 67th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Emotions are Lighthouses. Read here.
- Five Tempting Things You Should Avoid (a Twitter thread by Mark Manson). Check it out here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- On Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman, J.J. Abrams explains how creativity and collaboration are things you cultivate, not conjure; and that making room for magic isn’t a luxury, it’s an essential part of entrepreneurship. Listen here.
- Grant Cardone on making million-dollar bets and why humility is overrated, on Just B with Bethenny Frankel. Check it out here.
- From being one of the best chess players to marriage to talking about his opponents to traveling around the world for various games, legendary chess grandmaster Viswanathan Anand shares all aspects of his life on The Ranveer Show. Listen to it here.
- In this episode of Naan Curry with Sadaf and Archit, the hosts talk about mangoes, the king of all fruits in India and the subcontinent. Listen here.
- On the Humans of Cinema podcast, Sumeet Vyas talks at length about his artistic inspirations as well as his insights on writing and acting. Check it out here.
What To Watch:
- Dr. Mark Plotkin on the mysterious Amazonian forest, mind blow facts about Psychedelics, LSD, and a lot more only on The Ranveer Show. Watch here.
- Tom Hiddleston breaks down his most iconic characters. Check it out here.
- On Film Companion, Saif Ali Khan talks about how does he play thorny antagonists with such aplomb. Watch it here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – The Serpent (The twisting, real-life story of Charles Sobhraj, a murderer, thief and seductive master of disguise, who was a hidden darkness in the mid-70’s on Asia’s hippie trail.) Now streaming on Netflix here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Jagame Thandhiram (When a clever, carefree gangster is recruited to help an overseas crime lord take down a rival, he is caught off guard by the moral dilemmas that follow.) Now streaming on Netflix here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.