With another Sunday, here’s the 66th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- The Inconvenient Truth about Your “Authentic” Self. Read here.
- How Philosophers Think? Read more here.
- Shedding More Light on How Instagram Works. Check it out here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- In this episode of Think Fast, Talk Smart, host, and lecturer Matt Abrahams interviews Jeffrey Pfeffer, author of Dying for a Paycheck, about the verbal and nonverbal ways we can harness, or give away, our authority in communication. Listen here.
- On Creator Economics, Marques Brownlee aka MKBHD discusses how he runs his channel, the evolution of tech reviewers, and future technologies he’s most excited about. Listen more here.
- On ‘Stars se baatein with Salil‘, Chef Ranveer Brar lets us in on insider secrets of the trade- how chefs became influencers in India, what he learnt from his failures, learning to adapt and why there aren’t more new names in the celebrity chef world. Check it out here.
- How do we know whom to trust? on the podcast, Philosophy for our Times. Listen here.
- On 22 Yarns with Gaurav Kapur, Yuvraj Singh discusses the 2007 and 2011 World Cup triumphs, the unfair criticism he had to face at various times, grooming the next generation of Indian cricketers, his 1000-bed hospital initiative, and more. Listen more here.
What To Watch:
- Why iPhone’s features are always “late”? Watch here.
- How are KitKats made in the factory? Check it out here.
- Raj and DK, along with Manoj Bajpayee do a post-mortem of The Family Man S2 on Film Companion. Watch it here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – Schitt’s Creek (A married couple suddenly go bankrupt and the only remaining asset they have is an ugly small town named Schitt’s Creek.) Now streaming on Netflix here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Milestone (Recently marking 500,000 kilometers on the road, a newly bereaved trucker faces the threat of losing the job that has come to define him to a new intern.) Now streaming on Netflix here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.