With another Sunday, here’s the 64th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- On the Link Between Great Thinking and Obsessive Walking. Read here.
- An Instagram Engagement Report 2021 by HubSpot. Check it out here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Brian Muraresku explores the role of psychedelics and the birth of philosophy, on Philosophy for our Times podcast. Listen here.
- On The Business Side with Ian Borthwick, Colin and Samir talk about the creator economy, the present and future of influencers, and more. Check it out here.
- Jay Shetty on his journey from his college days to becoming a monk to running a wellness business, on ‘How I Built This with Guy Raz.’ Listen more here.
- On the Happy Sad Confused Podcast, Zack Snyder takes a deep dive into his action film loves and pet peeves, his dream DC and Star Wars projects, and much more. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- Neuroendocrinologist Robert Sapolsky, author Dan Shapiro, and others explore the science behind ‘us vs. them’. Watch it here.
- In ‘Snyder School,’ Zack Snyder takes us on a four episode journey into his groundbreaking creative process as a filmmaker. In Episode 1, Zack discusses his approach to creating a title sequence, from storyboard sketches to special effects, in Army of the Dead, as well as 300, Watchmen, and Justice League. Check it out here.
- In this episode of ‘Notes On A Scene,’ Director Zack Snyder breaks down a zombie heist scene from ‘Army of the Dead.’ Zack guides us through the nuances and challenges of working with CGI zombies, and explains how he was able to edit Tig Notaro into his ‘Army of the Dead’. Watch it here.
- Documentary of the Week – Friends: The Reunion (“Friends: The Reunion”, also known as “The One Where They Get Back Together”, is a 2021 reunion special of the American television sitcom Friends.) Now streaming on Zee5.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Cruella (an all-new live-action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinemas most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil.) Now streaming on Disney+
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.