With another Sunday, here’s the 63rd edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Elon Musk: Memelord or Meme Lifter? Read here.
- Google revives RSS. Read more here.
- The Power of Small Wins. Read here.
- ‘Why Is My Data Important? How Much Is It Worth?’ Check it out here.
- 10 powerful lessons from the best commencement speeches of all time (a Twitter thread). Check it out here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- On the Sway podcast, Kara Swisher interviews Evan Spiegel on how he will compete with augmented-reality technology from Apple and Amazon, and whether glasses and creator gifting will help him win a war with TikTok or Instagram. Listen here.
- On this episode of Advertising Is Dead, Varun speaks to Harsh Lal, Co-Founder at The Souled Store about how he’s built the company on a foundation of fandom, but also how he’s been able to diversify his product range beyond it to truly expand his business. Listen to it here.
- Leslie John, associate professor at Harvard Business School, on how to talk yourself up (without turning people off), on the HBR Ideacast podcast. Check it out here.
- On Recode Media, Bloomberg’s Brad Stone and Recode’s Jason Del Rey report on all things Amazon and Jeff Bezos. They discuss how Bezos built his global empire and Stone’s new book ‘Amazon Unbound.’ Listen here.
- Sam Neill talks with Dan Patrick about the iconic scene in ‘Jurassic Park’ where Dr. Alan Grant sees a dinosaur for the first time and teases some special effects from ‘Jurassic World: Dominion’, on That Scene with Dan Patrick. Check it out here.
What To Watch:
- MKBHD talks Tech and AI with Google CEO Sundar Pichai. Watch it here.
- Why the world’s most famous car race is in Monaco? Check it out here.
- Gary Neville interviews Harry Kane about his Tottenham career, his time with England team, the World Cup, and his hopes for the EUROs, and more. Watch here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Army of the Dead (After a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries takes the ultimate gamble by venturing into the quarantine zone for the greatest heist ever.) Now streaming on Netflix here.
- Netflix Special of the Week – Creating an Army of the Dead (Zack Snyder and his “Army of the Dead” team dive into the film’s wild stunts, groundbreaking effects and the evolution of the zombie genre.) Watch it here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.