With another Sunday, here’s the 62nd edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- A Playbook for Negotiators in the Social Media Era. Read more here.
- Déjà vu is a neurological phenomenon. Read here.
- Just How Big Is The Universe? Check it out here.
- Why the Blockchain matters, by Seth Godin. Read here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- President Barack Obama sits down with Reid Hoffman in Part 1 of their two-part episode on finding the right moment to act, and when the moment chooses you, on Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman podcast. Check it out here.
- On ‘What I’ve Learned, with Ariana Huffington‘, Laurie Santos, cognitive scientist at Stanford, talks about happiness, resilience and the power of social connection. Listen here.
- Prince Harry joins the Armchair Expert to discuss how to approach mental health issues, growing up with privilege, and how healing it is to perform a service for someone, and much more. Listen to it here.
- Paul Davison and Rohan Seth on how they built Clubhouse, on ‘How I Built This with Guy Raz.’ Check it out here.
- On Good One: A Podcast about Jokes, Vir Das discusses his series, Ten on Ten and takes a deep dive into religion vs comedy. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- Elon Musk hosted Saturday Night Live and whether you like it or hate it, you have to give it a watch. Check it out here.
- On Wild Ride with Steve-O, Casey Neistat talks about his move from NYC to LA, surfing, and an exclusive insight into his social media app Beme which he sold to CNN, and more. Watch here.
- Director Zack Snyder breaks down his illustrious career, including the music video for Lizzy Borden’s “Love is a Crime,” ‘Dawn of the Dead,’ ‘300,’ ‘Watchmen,’ ‘Sucker Punch,’ ‘Man of Steel,’ ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,’ ‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ and ‘Army of the Dead.’ Watch it here.
- Documentary Recommendation of the Week – Sir Alex Ferguson: Never Give In (A look at the life and legend of Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson.)
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – The Mitchells v the Machines (A quirky, dysfunctional family’s road trip is upended when they find themselves in the middle of the robot apocalypse and suddenly become humanity’s unlikeliest last hope) Now streaming on Netflix here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.
I write a newsletter called ‘The Weekly Zazz‘ for my subscribers, where you can receive the above content and much more on your mail, with an intent of combining thought, emotion and information on mindset, marketing, pop culture and more. If you wish to subscribe, check out https://rth24.substack.com