With another Sunday, here’s the 60th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- There’s a Name for the Blah You’re Feeling: It’s Called Languishing. Read more here.
- The psychology behind ‘revenge bedtime procrastination‘. Read here.
- Why has the Ethereum price gone parabolic? Check it out here.
- German soccer rules: 50+1 explained. Read here.
- The Super League is the grim end game of the attention economy. Read more here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Will Smith sits down with Jay Shetty to talk about his commitment to family, straying away from his father’s military mindset in search of true happiness, and how to live the golden rule – to treat others how you want to be treated, on On Purpose with Jay Shetty. Listen more here.
- On the Psychology Podcast with Scott Barry Kaufman, Dave Asprey talks rules of fasting, cravings vs hunger, the impact of fasting and more. Check it out here.
- On TED Talks Daily, neuroscientist Lisa Genova on how your memory works and why forgetting is totally ok. Listen here.
- Vlad Tenev on how he built Robinhood, on ‘How I Built This with Guy Raz‘ podcast. Listen to it here.
- A dive deep into the rise and fall of Boosted Boards, possibly the most famous electric skateboard brand of all time, on Waveform: the MKBHD podcast. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- Apple vs the Paradox of Choice: how Apple kills entire companies with the flip of 1 switch? Watch here.
- Anupama Chopra on being a film critic, the future of Indian Cinema, and building content around content, on The Varun Duggi Show. Watch it here.
- Filmmaker Danfung Dennis, Bill Nye, and actor Alan Alda discuss the science of empathy and the ways that the ability can be cultivated and practiced to affect meaningful change, both on a personal and community level. Check it out here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – TVF Aspirants (a web series that depicts the life of UPSC aspirants who are living in Rajender Nagar, Delhi.) Now streaming on YouTube here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Ramprasad ki Tehrvi (Bauji’s entire family comes under one roof for 13 days after he passes away. We get a glimpse of their dynamics, politics and insecurities as each one of them is on their journey to discover their own selves and truth.) Now streaming on Netflix here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.
I write a newsletter called ‘The Weekly Zazz‘ for my subscribers, where you can receive the above content and much more on your mail, with an intent of combining thought, emotion and information on mindset, marketing, pop culture and more. If you wish to subscribe, check out https://rth24.substack.com