With another Sunday, here’s the 55th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- On the Blockchain and Booze podcast, Mark Cuban talks $DOGE, Bitcoin as an inflationary hedge, DeFi, NFTs and more. Check it out here.
- On the Sway podcast, Sacha Baron Cohen calls out the social media companies who profit off trends such as racism, misogyny and autocratic propaganda. Listen to it here.
- On The Hollywood Reporter’s Behind the Screen podcast, Zack Snyder, and the visual effects supervisors from Weta Digital, Kevin Smith and Anders Langlands talk about how this version of the Justice League movie came to be and what went into making it a reality for the fans. Listen here.
- WhatsApp Head Will Cathcart joins Big Technology Podcast to discuss Facebook’s feud with Apple, its battle with Signal, its bungled privacy update, new laws in India that might force it to break encryption, the way it thinks about content moderation and advertising, and plenty more. Check it out here.
- Podcast Recommendation of the Week – Screenplayed Breakdown (Learning from cinema’s most gifted actors, directors and writers. Hosted by The Kinnane Brothers) Check out the podcast here.
What To Watch:
- Skepticism : Why critical thinking makes you smarter, according to Bill Nye, Derren Brown, Lawrence Krauss and more. Watch here.
- A Justice League Spoiler-Filled Deep-Dive With Zack Snyder on the ReelBlend Podcast. Watch it here.
- Steven Yeun & Riz Ahmed chat about ‘Minari’ and ‘Sound of Metal’, on Variety’s Actors on Actors series. Check it out here.
- TV Series Recommendation of the Week – Calls (Told through a series of interconnected phone conversations, these conversations chronicle the mysterious story of a group of strangers whose lives are thrown into disarray in the lead-up to an apocalyptic event.) Now streaming on AppleTV+ here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Judas and the Black Messiah (Offered a plea deal by the FBI, William O’Neal infiltrates the Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party to gather intelligence on Chairman Fred Hampton.) Currently streaming in theatres.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.