With another Sunday, here’s the 51st edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- Gaurav Munjal (co-founder of Unacademy) has an insightful newsletter called Mischief Managed, with topics on books, entrepreneurship, leadership, productivity, experiences, and more. Check it out here.
- Netflix and it’s battle for India. Read more here.
- The most mentally tough people apply the 1% ‘marginal gains’ rule, says performance expert—here’s how it works… Read here.
- How to get exposure to NFTs? Check it out here.
- Adam Grant’s take on the lost art of listening. Read more here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Renegades: Born in the USA is a series of conversations between President Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen about their lives, music, and enduring love of America—despite all its challenges. Check out the podcast here.
- Sir Richard Branson on his secret to taking big leaps, on the Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman podcast. Listen to it here.
- In this episode of the Screenplayed Breakdown, Pixar writer, Mike Jones talks about life, death, and digging deep within ourselves. Mike tells us about the Pixar process, what the “brain trust” is, and his collaboration with Pete Docter and Kemp Powers on their latest film, ‘Soul’. Listen here.
- An entrepreneur’s guide to trademarks, patents, and copyrights on the Akimbo podcast. Check it out here.
- On The Decoder with Nilay Patel, he talks with the CEO of Evil Geniuses, Nicole LaPointe Jameson about how an esports team makes money, where the industry is headed, and where she sees growth. Listen to it here.
What To Watch:
- Mark Cuban on why DeFi is the future? Watch it here.
- Rocky and Mayur are back with a Season 3 of #RoadTrippinWithRnM. Check it out here.
- On The School of Greatness, how food can heal or harm our bodies, how we can live longer, and how we can improve mental health with Dr. Mark Hyman. Watch here.
- Series Recommendation of the Week – Retro Tech (a Youtube Original Series where Marques Brownlee uncovers the origin and nostalgia of iconic tech) Now streaming on YouTube here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Drishyam 2 (a 2021 Indian Malayalam-language drama thriller film written and directed by Jeethu Joseph, sequel to their 2013 film, Drishyam) Now streaming on Amazon Prime here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.
I write a newsletter called ‘The Weekly Zazz‘ for my subscribers, where you can receive the above content and much more on your mail, with an intent of combining thought, emotion and information on mindset, marketing, pop culture and more. If you wish to subscribe, check out https://rth24.substack.com