With another Sunday, here’s the 49th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- The secrets of successful listening (Lessons from a hostage negotiator) Read more here.
- What you ate as a child has a lifelong impact on your health. Read here.
- Brain’s Dopamine: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Read more here.
- Neuroscience of the Covid-19 Crisis. Read here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- On Advertising is Dead, Viraj Sheth talks about the influencer ecosystem, his journey so far, helping creators scale and much more. Listen here.
- Mr Beast talks about his love of YouTube, the creation of his massively complex videos, and more, on the Waveform podcast. Check it out here.
- Spark & Fire Podcast follows Kemp Powers on his own hero’s journey of co-writing and co-directing Soul, from his first trip to the Pixar campus to his development of the main character – and his passionate pitch for the beloved barbershop scene that nearly got cut from the film. Listen here.
- Anthony Mackie talks with Dan Patrick about his role as Sam “The Falcon” Wilson in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and whether or not Sam wants to be the next Captain America, on the podcast That Scene with Dan Patrick here.
- Nir Eyal on the Hindsight Bias and why we make terrible life choices, on his podcast, Nir and Far : Business, Behaviour and the Brain. Listen to it here.
What To Watch:
- A third appearance on the podcast! Elon Musk talks about Space X, Tesla, the realities of climate change and all sorts of other cool shit on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast. Check it out here.
- How Disney+ became a streaming service heavyweight? Watch here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week: Restaurants on the Edge (A team of three experts — a restaurateur, a designer and a chef — tap into a restaurant’s surroundings and community to remodel each business in a way that is uplifting, inspirational, and positive.) Check it out on Netflix here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week: News of the World (Five years after the end of the Civil War, Capt. Jefferson Kyle Kidd crosses paths with a 10-year-old girl taken by the Kiowa people. Forced to return to her aunt and uncle, Kidd agrees to escort the child across the harsh and unforgiving plains of Texas. However, the long journey soon turns into a fight for survival as the traveling companions encounter danger at every turn — both human and natural.) Streaming on Netflix here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.
I write a newsletter called ‘The Weekly Zazz‘ for my subscribers, where you can receive the above content and much more on your mail, with an intent of combining thought, emotion and information on mindset, marketing, pop culture and more. If you wish to subscribe, check out https://rth24.substack.com