With another Sunday, here’s the 48th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- The High Cost of Chasing Netflix. Read more about it here.
- Social Media And The De-Platforming Dilemma. Read more here.
- The Science of Reasoning With Unreasonable People. Check it out here.
- Worker, Interrupted: The Cost of Task Switching. Read about it here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Elon Musk and Vlad Tenev (of Robinhood) join hosts of The Good Time Show on Clubhouse, Sriram Krishnan & Aarthi Ramamurthy, Marc Andreessen, Steven Sinofsky, Garry Tan, and others. Listen to it on the a16z Live podcast here.
- Mark Cuban on why the GameStop stock reminds him of the 90s and the first dot-com boom, on the Sway Podcast. Listen here.
- On The School of Greatness podcast, Priyanka Chopra dives deep into how she became one of the biggest actors both in the US and in India, the actions she’s taking to change the stigma against women in the world, how to deal with failure and vulnerability, and so much more. Listen to it here.
- The Nature of Reality, a Clubhouse conversation by Kamal Ravikant with a group of interesting people. Listen to it on his podcast, Curious Kamal here.
- On the Akimbo podcast, Seth Godin riffs on direct advertising and its shift in the digital ecosystem. Listen here.
What To Watch:
- On Off the Cuff with Shekhar Gupta, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala shares valuable tips for investors and gave insights into his style of investment. Watch it here.
- On Film Companion’s new show Creators Crossing, Suchin talks to combinations of artists and creators to break down their unique journeys. On the first episode, he speaks to Mithila Palkar and Prajakta Koli about taking over Netflix, Prajakta’s Bollywood debut with Jug Jug Jeeyo and what lies ahead. Check it out here.
- Siddharth Warrier in conversation with Kunal Shah on life, neuroscience and more. Watch here
- MKBHD (Tech YouTuber) explores the Sony Walkman, this iconic piece of tech—from the inspiration behind its compact design to how it changed portable audio forever. Watch it here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – Maara (When Paaru sees a fairy tale she heard from a stranger as a child painted across the walls of a coastal town, she goes in search of the man who painted it.) Check it out on Amazon Prime here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.
I write a newsletter called ‘The Weekly Zazz‘ for my subscribers, where you can receive the above content and much more on your mail, with an intent of combining thought, emotion and information on mindset, marketing, pop culture and more. If you wish to subscribe, check out https://rth24.substack.com