With another Sunday, here’s the 47th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Read:
- The psychology of the GameStop phenomenon, explained. Check it out here.
- Talking out loud to yourself is a technology for thinking. Find out more here.
- How To Stop Wasting Time Scrolling And Start Finding Joy In Play? Read here.
- The Omnipresence of Work. This was an interesting read, check it out here.
- Why Older People Lose Motivation to Learn? Read more here.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- On the CultureYouth podcast, Zoya Akhtar talks to me about the themes in her works, her writing process, her time as an assistant director and at film school and much more. Listen here.
- On The Decoder with Nilay Patel, Marques Brownlee (MKBHD on YouTube) talks about building a business as a YouTuber, how content creators make money, and how to scale when you are the brand. Listen more here.
- On the Game Changers podcast, Amit Trivedi talks on his journey with music and Bollywood and becoming a game changer in the field. Check it out here.
- On this episode of “Sway,” Kara Swisher speaks to Chris Best, the chief executive and a co-founder of Substack, about content moderation on his platform and asks whether Substack is going to destroy media gatekeepers or just turn into one of them. Listen here.
- Aswath Damodaran, a professor of finance at NYU Stern, joins Scott on The Prof G Show with Scott Galloway to discuss the news surrounding GameStop and the short squeeze. Aswath also shares his thoughts on SPACs, the markets more broadly, and the importance of diversifying your portfolio. Listen to it here.
What To Watch:
- Renowned Ayurveda physician Dr. Vasant Lad and Sadhguru have a discussion about the various intrinsic aspects of Ayurveda. Watch it here.
- On Health Theory, Tom Bilyeu is joined by Dr. Alan Goldhamer, founder of TrueNorth Health Center, to discuss such matters and more as they explore the incredible healing benefits of fasting and how your diet is playing a pivotal role in determining your health. Check it out here.
- TV Show Recommendation of the Week – Jeet ki Zid (streaming on Zee5) Inspired from a true story, Zidd is a tale of conviction, persuasion and commitment. Check it out here.
- Movie Recommendation of the Week – One Night in Miami (streaming on Amazon Prime) On the night of Feb. 25, 1964, in Miami, Cassius Clay joins Jim Brown, Sam Cooke and Malcom X, and they discuss the responsibility of being successful black men during the civil rights movement. Check it out here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.
I write a newsletter called ‘The Weekly Zazz‘ for my subscribers, where you can receive the above content and much more on your mail, with an intent of combining thought, emotion and information on mindset, marketing, pop culture and more. If you wish to subscribe, check out https://rth24.substack.com