With another Sunday, here’s the 45th edition of my weekly series, The Last 7 Days.
What’s it about?
It’s a weekly series where I talk about what I read, what I listened to, and what I saw in the last seven days.
Since the content I consume around the topics of mindset, marketing and movies brought me value, I decided to share that with you as well, through these weekly editions.
If any of the below-mentioned topics interest you, let’s chat – @rth24 on Instagram.
What To Listen:
*The links being attached redirect to Spotify, but you can search for these episode titles wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- On the Unmistakable Creative Podcast, Ramit Sethi talks the psychology of money and how to design a rich life. Listen here.
- Salil sits down with Chef Vikas Khanna, founder of the Michelin starred restaurant Junoon and one of the hosts of Masterchef India. They talk about what goes on behind the scenes in the restaurant industry, his interactions with Gordon Ramsay, and his humanitarian side, on Off Script with Salil. Check it out here.
- Casey Neistat converses about the creative process and how filmmakers can create their own signature style, on The Videomaker Podcast. Listen to it here.
- On The Decoder with Nilay Patel, Instagram’s Adam Mosseri talks about the future of Reels, moderation, and the responsibility of social media platforms. Listen here.
- On the Awards Chatter podcast, Ben Affleck reflects on a rollercoaster career, from highs like his breakthrough with Matt Damon and two Oscar wins to lows like the ‘Bennifer’ period and his struggles with alcoholism, and why he considers his latest role “the crowning achievement of my life as an actor.” Listen to it here.
What To Watch:
- History of Swear Words – An education in expletives: the history lesson you didn’t know you needed hosted by Nicolas Cage. A loud and proudly profane series that explores the origins, pop culture-usage, science and cultural impact of curse words. Watch it on Netflix here.
- Sleep experts debunk 15 Sleep Myths. Check it out here.
- Osho on risking everything for awareness. Watch here.
- How Porsche’s first electric car, the Taycan is made? Watch it here.
- George Clooney (‘Midnight Sky’), Spike Lee (‘Da 5 Bloods’), Regina King (‘One Night in Miami’), Paul Greengrass (‘News of the World’), Chloé Zhao (‘Nomadland’), George C. Wolfe (‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom) and Lee Isaac Chung (‘Minari’) join Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter for the Directors Roundtable. Watch here.
There is a lot of insightful, engaging and entertaining content mixed in all of this.
If any of these topics interest you, then your time will be well-spent.
You can check out the previous editions of The Last 7 Days – here.
I write a newsletter called ‘The Weekly Zazz‘ for my subscribers, where you can receive the above content and much more on your mail, with an intent of combining thought, emotion and information on mindset, marketing, pop culture and more. If you wish to subscribe, check out https://rth24.substack.com