If you have a cranky start to your day, the entire day’s mood will be the same. Have a positive start to your day and the entire day’s mood will be positive.
These six morning rituals will help you kickstart the day the right way – they take time to become a part of your daily routine – however, once they turn into habits, the results start appearing.
A. Stay away from your screen for the first 90 minutes
- When you pick up your phone the first thing when you wake up, instead of enjoying the morning, instead of filling your mind with positive thoughts, instead of being grateful, you are filling it with unneeded information at the time.
- Also, how important can any notification be, work is priority, but it starts after a specific time; and if it’s not work-related, then what’s the point of checking all the notifications at that moment.
B. Make your Bed
- There are multiple reasons to making your bed first thing in the morning, one of them is accomplishing tasks. When you accomplish this micro task, you’ve set the mood to accomplish more of such micro tasks in the day and make the day a successful one.
- The second reason is habits creation; when you do it on a daily basis – it quickly becomes a habit. It also allows you to instill such similar habits one-by-one in order to improve your lifestyle.
C. Be Grateful
- The first thoughts of your day, when you wake up, should be positive. Think positive, have a positive approach to your day and more importantly, be grateful for everything you have and everything that you’re thankful for.
- Gratitude fills you with positivity and happiness – you feel thankful for eveything that you get to do, that you get to be, that you have.
- Every morning, be grateful for at least three things that are important to you and think about it for a while before you begin with your day.
D. Drink a Glass of Water
- Once you’ve made your bed, and with gratitude on your mind, the next important thing is to have a glass of water in the morning.
- It, of course, hydrates you after a good sleep, secondly, flushes out your body toxins and also gives your brain fuel for the day.
- This goes without saying that you should keep hyrating yourself on a hourly basis and have sufficient amount of water over the day.
E. Go for a Run
- This is a choice for people, whether to go in the morning or in the evening – but it’s crucial to have some exercise during the day.
- Preferably, morning is recommended because it kickstarts your day like nothing else, you’re charged for the entire day and you’re pumped up for your next task of the day.
- Also, it not only gives you a physical boost, but it has an impact mentally too, helps you to clear out your mind, your stress and helps you to think more clearly.
F. Plan out your Day
- Usually, people do this task the day before, but if you like to keep everything on a day-to-day basis, then you should definitely plan out your day in the morning only.
- Have a clear outlook of your day, what needs to be done and what needs to be prioritised and not do things on the go, because that definitely doesn’t work out long-term.
Every day of your life is important, and every day needs to be utilised at its best. In order to do so, the best way forward is to have a good morning routine and have a positive and fresh start to your day.