The irony of life! Don’t get me wrong, ideation and execution both are important! What differs is their importance in specific circumstances!
Life in the Entrepreneurial sector,
Execution > Ideas.
– Ideas come occasionally. That’s the easy part!
– The idea with the most potential, the idea you are most passionate about, to work day in and day out, should be your priority.
– Once you narrow it down, the execution is the difficult and important part of this process.
– I’ve heard this so many times, when someone had an idea, but didn’t execute it because of various reasons. If the idea is legit, you have to execute. You have to try it.
– Once you begin, you won’t stop.
Life in the Advertising sector,
Ideas > Execution
– On the other hand, in the advertising industry, the execution matters 100 per cent. Whether your campaign is a success or not, whether you’ve reached to your audience and whether they received the message, you were trying to send, matters.
– At the same time, the idea is more important. Out of all the ideas, the idea chosen has the potential to get more results.
– The potential everyone saw in the idea, and scrapped the others for it says it all, ideas > execution.
What’s the purpose behind this post?
・Be aware of the life you’re living, and how everyday learning is affecting your life.
・Ideas matter, period. Execution matters, period.
・Focus on what’s important and don’t procrastinate by blaming either for your faults.